Thread: V70 Wheels/Tyres: - 2.4T tyres...
View Single Post
Old Mar 12th, 2011, 07:45   #6
JimG
Premier Member

I would say one of the best tyres is the Michelin Pilot Sport. Very grippy, predictable, wears well and lasts quite well too, but it's a big outlay at the start. Worth it if you can afford them.

I've also used Continental Contisport Contacts, again very nice, Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric, good but as the tread wears the tyres start to loose their efficiency.

I'm currently on Falken Ziex ZE-912 and really like them. I've only had them on since November but they are a smooth, quiet tyre and seem to be wearing evenly. They are not as high performance as the others but I don't need that so much now. I think Falken do a higher performance variant in the Ziex range (ZE-512) but it's directional.

There are lots of others to consider like Toyo Proxes, Pirelli P-Zeroes for example but I have no experience with these.

I hate Michelin Primacy HPs. Very hard compound designed for touring and high mileage but I found the ride too hard and the grip was useless when pushed. Just my opinion.

The more people you ask the more opinions you will get. If you're like me, researching tyres makes my brain ache!

Jim.
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote