View Single Post
Old Jan 20th, 2022, 15:53   #10
Dexter22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Test View Post
No. The smart uses a manual gearbox and clutch in conjunction with automated selector/clutch actuators. Mechanically, it's a manual. The XC90 auto is an automatic gearbox in the true sense, based on the torque converter principle.

With respect, you need to know a lot more than you currently do if you're not going to risk buying something which will be very costly for you to repair a few days down the road. Everything you need to know has been discussed hundreds of times on this forum (it is, in my opinion, the most useful marque forum I know of), so be kind to yourself and spend a weekend here reading up before going to see something.

Here's a starting point: https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=319549
I have looked at that site and thank you! Your comment was spot on. I have been using Toyota's for a while and I got to the point where i would have used cars delivered to my door without checking them out first and never ever having any sort of issues with them.

I was planning to have an XC90 delivered to my door but after your message and follow on read through the forum pages, I now appreciate the XC90 beast a bit more. I can't buy one without checking it out thoroughly first.

thank you for this, credit where credit is due.
Dexter22 is offline   Reply With Quote