View Single Post
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 19:25   #101
Dan F
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adieu
Well now we could argue that point all day. If your washing machine leaks and floods your house who pays for the new carpets?...hmmm that'll be your insurance company.

If a Workman puts a nail through a pipe who pays?...Hmmm that'll be the Workman and/or your insurance/thier Insurance.

If a tuning company through their negligence destroys your car engine who pays?...Hmm that'll be the TUNING COMPANY!!!!!!!

I know i would pursue anyone who through working on my car/house caused a fault or damaged it as I'm sure most of us would.

Regards

Iain
Hi Iain.
And we all know you would love to mate.
I do agree in that if you managed to proove the tuning company caused the fault that made your engine blow up, then yes, they would be liable, but you would have to obtain that proof against a backdrop of a company doing everything it can to disproove it. Also your motor insurance is not going to pay for a new engine if it blows up. You would have to have different insurance for that, umm, that'll be a warranty then! Oh, but that would only be valid for an untuned engine, unless *specifically* purchased to protect a modified engine. (You can buy cover for anything if you want to stump up the premuim demanded).
Some home insurance doesn't cover plumbing/pipework, or even accidental damage, so I would check your small print before you assume anything there!

Dan.
Dan F is offline   Reply With Quote