View Single Post
Old Jan 17th, 2024, 09:44   #28
Discoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
I spoke to Volvo this morning. My car hasn't been allocated a build slot but they anticipate it'll be allocated Feb/March which would mean a late April or early May delivery. Honestly, not holding my breath.

He acknowledged that Volvo is having production issues. He also said that they are now re-routing components and finished cars away from the Red Sea and that's adding a minimum 14 days to the journey.
That is annoying. You would think that after Covid, companies were building more resilience into supply chains. I still miss Volvos’ being made in Sweden or Belgium but so be it.

Autocar have tested the XC60 and given it a bit of a kicking which I think is unfair:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/volvo/xc60

I find the XC60 and XC90 still to be compelling cars and can’t understand why Volvo won’t be keeping them in production as ICE cars as fully amortised good margin products. They won’t have a problem meeting the BEV targets so I don’t see the downside in keeping these cars on the market but the Autocar article says the XC90 is about to die. Shame.