Thread: XC60 wanted
View Single Post
Old Aug 7th, 2017, 15:43   #24
Considered1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olly View Post
I wish they did R Design with the option of removing the "sports" suspension. I think quite a few people would have chosen that. I really like the R Design seats but I'm told the difference in ride due to the suspension is quite significant I'd I'd like to do all I can so as not to feel the potholes.

Wheels are again down to personal preference. I'm not a huge fan of diamond cut styles since as soon as they're damaged there's not much you can do to save them except go for a solid colour. The lacquer never seems to last on a refurbishment and it's more expensive to do. Having said that - the 20 inch wheels on the D5 on Piston Heads do look pretty cool That seems quite a fair price for a car from a dealer. I've kind of got my heart set on a 2 litre 8 speed though for the economy and smoothness without too much drop in performance.
Hi Olly, if you can find an SE Lux with the Four C Chassis option you can set the suspension settings to your liking. Hopefully Nigel will be along to give some feedback as I know he has it. Only available on SE Lux I believe.

If you havent had a test in all the various models for the seats/ride I would strongly suggest this to help you decide. I know some have said 20 inch wheels can be another step too far but always depends on what you are used to or comming from.
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote