Thread: Auto Gearbox
View Single Post
Old Oct 20th, 2018, 17:36   #28
dblogic

Likewise. Tried hard on pedal and can't be that as I believe it puts up a warning to say to press the brake pedal (which it didn't)

Mine was parked on a slight slope facing downhill and is parked there most days as it's my office car park space near the charge point and has only happened the one time.

Think it's not something that will be easy to reproduce if it is a sequence of events linked to when park / parking brake / foot brake are changed.

The only differences from normal was my wife had driven the car in that morning using her key and hence profile. She'd parked further down the car park but on a slight slope as well. I had to pop out so used the car (and her key) but didn't switch profiles manually just the seat position. As I pulled away that time there was a slight clunk as if the transmission had been would up slightly when she'd parked. On my return I put it in its usually space but I can't remember if I had to manually set the parking brake or it did it for me. (My profile does it automatically). It was when I came to move it next a bit later that the fault happened but when it did finally select drive there wasn't any clunk that time.

I've found Paul Rigby to be very good so far although I'm only in my first year of Volvo ownership. I'll mention it when it goes in at the start of November for its first service and see what they say.
dblogic is offline   Reply With Quote