View Single Post
Old Jan 1st, 2022, 10:47   #4
360beast
Go redblock or go home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Is there any indication what brand those cheap ones from Euro Car Parts are? I thought the Pro Parts Sweden one seemed fairly good for what it is but to replace it in my stock of spares I’ve ordered a couple of these which I’ve seen mentioned on the Forum. Not sure if anyone has actually fitted one though.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353107355735

Was the distributor doable without removing the engine from the car? There never seems to be much room there.
The picture shows it labelled as Scantech (aka scamtech for poor Chinese parts) but it has no label on the part or the box and the only indication to the brand is EIS (on the receipt) which after I googled it appears to be a German company.

Yes I did my distributor with the engine fitted, a bit overkill to remove the engine to fit a distributor

If you think there is no room back there try working on Rolls Royces and Bentleys and you'll think the room at the back of the head is a luxury!

I use an 8mm spanner for the middle and O/S bolt for the cap and an 8mm ratchet for the N/S bolt, pull the HT leads off and the king lead before removing the bolts. Then it is just a case of removing the rotor arm and the two 10mm bolts and pulling the distributor out, it is usually a bit stuck as chances are it hasn't been out for over 20 years.

I was surprised at how many American cars also used the same heater valve which would explain why the A/C valves are so readily available, I didn't know Holden used them too. They link is cheaper than the ones from IPD so I'll buy one of those instead, thanks for the link
360beast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 360beast For This Useful Post: