Thread: 240 General: - New (to me) 1980 Volvo 244
View Single Post
Old Nov 25th, 2020, 16:16   #2078
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
They look even better than i thought they would Alan!

I'd go for "Option e" that i suggested further up the thread and use the Pholus in summer as i think they look really nice on the car.

The Virgos have enough bling with a slightly sober note for winter but the Pholus' say "drive me" which is more of a summer thing.
Thank you for that vote of confidence Dave; I'm over the moon with the Pholus wheels, they did indeed come up better than I had expected. I also enjoyed the work and have learned a few small skills.

You may well be right about 'option e', I sort of agree the Pholus wheels would look very smart in the summer, and perhaps the powder coated, anthracite coloured Virgos would look better in the winter. I'm going to have a season of each and may well have them swapped over this time next year. Having developed a good relationship with F1 Autocentre here in Corby I suspect they might swap the tyres they supplied over for the price of a drink or two.

As you may have guessed, I am absolutely delighted with this chapter of the RB saga. I'm very grateful to Luke for the wheels and to yourself for the advice Dave.