View Single Post
Old Apr 9th, 2018, 10:07   #1
chb
Master Member

Thumbs up Bits for Sale. XC90

So my XC90 is no more! Scrapped due to dead engine.
So I have a few bits to sell to hopefully revive the family finances a little and give some forum members some parts that they can rely on for sensible prices!

1. Alarm module Volvo Alarm Siren Module ECU 8637399 9452708 9452709 31110042. These sell for £70 or more on Ebay second hand. Mine is a tested unit with a brand new (fitted Dec 2017) battery (the one that is £20 on Ebay). The unit was carefully opened, battery replaced and soldered in with heat shrink sleaves to protect the wire joins. Unit was resealed with industrial silicone and electrical tape. The unit comes with the metal cage AND four genuine Volvo rivets to replace the ones you will have to drill out to access the alarm. If your car has the dreaded alarm fault then for £70 delivered you can have a repair where someone else has done all the hard work. I spent £100 getting this unit in its current condition only three months ago.

2. Spare wheel and Volvo winch. £65 collected from Leeds. OK the wheel really needs cleaning and rust treating, but as you can see from a recent thread on here they clean up well. The winch mechanism works well. The tyre is original unused from 2004 so really would want replacing for confidence.

3. Genuine Volvo Aero roof bars. £45 collected. One of the bars has a small section of the ribbed rubber that sits in the channel missing, but really once fitted you would never notice!

4.Volvo load carrier cover in black/dark grey. Erm this came with the car and I never used it once, so I am not sure where or how it fits. I assume it's complete. £50

5. Visteon DVD 10 disc changer (unit and cage only, not the transmitters etc). Works well, though does have a habit of sometimes ejecting the disc cartridge, was never sure why. To get round this I always left the slide door a little open so I could push the cartridge back in if it ejected (covered the gap with electrical tape. £25 collected from Leeds

6. Visteon Headphones (actually not sure of brand) for DVD player come with foam pads, which have a habit of coming loose. £15 each.

7. Visteon IR remote control unit £15.

All parts are in South Leeds (near M62/M1) and are working and in condition as described. Hopefully some forum members can get some benefit or upgrades out of my cambelt misfortune. If interested then reply and/or message me and I can send photos and more details. Thanks!
chb is offline   Reply With Quote