View Single Post
Old Apr 6th, 2016, 18:27   #33
Scootersp

Ok my experience.

Bought (privately) a used 2009 xc60 a couple of weeks ago, the first weekend was the recent storm Katie and I had water in the centre light and drivers footwell. Stripped the a pillars, door seals/trim etc to allow room to remove the front carpet to dry them elsewhere as the under carpet foam absorbs a lot and would i imagine take ages otherwise.

As I'm the curious type, I then loosened the sun visors slightly do that lying back on the passenger dash I could lever it down a bit to see the inside body to screen seal interface. When it rained in my case it would seep through and generally run down the pass side a pillar, when the above happened I was parked at an angle passenger side high so the water ran towards the drivers side before going forward and down.

Silicon is definitely not worth it, the reseal cost me about the same as a new tyre would from a rogue screw, so whilst I absolutely agree that it shouldn't happen and can imagine if you've had it from new and paid more than a pretty penny your pretty annoyed with Volvo, I'd advise just getting it reseated if you notice any dampness whatsoever. I also don't buy it that the glass provides a massive safety/strength increase, glass is not really known for it strength/toughness/energy absorption is it?
Scootersp is offline   Reply With Quote