View Single Post
Old Nov 22nd, 2020, 16:30   #1
milo80

Wink 18s or 19s for and XC70

Hi all,
I'm torn between 18's and 19in wheels for my 08 XC70 D5 AWD Auto.
I bought it 2yrs ago with a genuine 99k kilometers on it. Full history but in standard for with SE trim and 16" wheels.
I'm a panel beater by trade so I can do most of my own work on the car. It's in very good shape and since i got it I've made sure to do all the oils and also I've done the gearbox. I'll be keeping this for the foreseeable future as I know how good they are. It's my 5th volvo over a 20yr period.

Anyway I'm in the process of getting a few bits for it now. Namely a boot spoiler some side skirt trims, and as the post suggests bigger wheels.
Living in Ireland much like the UK the roads as we all know are pretty poor, so no one really knows what's round the next bend.
I was thinking of 19" erakis alloys, if I go for 18's I'd probably go for a set of Cratus as they seem like their deceivable in size and look bigger than what they are. I'll also be trying to buy used as I know the extortionate price they are new.
The erakis I was thinking of getting the black with the polished face.
I don't really want after market rims as in my experience with them the quality isn't really as good and they always seem soft.
So if anyone has any experience with the above sizes I'd love to know about it.

Last edited by milo80; Nov 22nd, 2020 at 16:33.
milo80 is offline   Reply With Quote