View Single Post
Old Jul 1st, 2020, 23:58   #8
AlexV70Drive1

My mother works at the Tesco where it happened(was picking her up) so she maybe able to look at or ask one of her colleagues to check it out for her, I did google it and found as you guys said ‘failing to stop at the scene of an accident’ so the police might help but I won’t hold my breath on that.

I haven’t told the insurance yet because I’m worried about what they will want to do in regard to my car.
I don’t want it written off as we’ve only had it since jan and it was a salvage car when I bought it as a Category S on the V5 for a dent in the rear quarter which I’ve done a little bit of panel beating to make it look better but it will need paint when I get a chance to do it.

I have heard of people buying back their cars from the insurance after it’s been written off so maybe that’s an option for me but I want to hold off until tomorrow when my mother is next in work to have them check the cameras or not depending on who is on security as they are not all helpful and it would be against the data protection as you guys also said so it would be based on luck with regards to who is on the desk.

I’d like to try to find out who it was so their insurance, if they have any, can sort the claim and excess out so I’m not out of pocket for that or at least hold them accountable for what they have done, even if I have to sort it out myself just so they haven’t fully gotten away with it.

Whoever hit it would know full well what they’ve done as it has given a nasty scuff, taken paint off and ruined the panel gap where the bumper meets the headlight and wing. It is only the bumper from what I can tell, haven’t checked the washer bottle but didn’t notice any fluid on the floor and thankfully the fog light is undamaged as is the headlight itself. Car looks like a right beaten up bag of s*** now though.

I’m ****ed about it as I always would leave a note or wait for the owner to come back so I can explain and hand over my details if I ever hit someone’s parked car. It’s just the decent thing to do.
Here is a bigger picture as I uploaded ones too small... turns out they are the best I can do. Not sure how to make them any bigger.
Thanks all for the replies!

Last edited by AlexV70Drive1; Jul 2nd, 2020 at 00:17.
AlexV70Drive1 is offline   Reply With Quote