View Single Post
Old Oct 6th, 2023, 22:34   #12
mfevans1

Thumbs up Air Con not working

I had no aircon on my 2010 s40. I bought the car in July so had no idea how the climate control works. When I press air con button to the on position, the green indicator lights up but no cold air. I noticed that the compressor clutch did not engage on any noise from the engine cooling fan....silence. If I by- passed the air con relay the compressor clutch would engage and if the car was moving the air con would get cold (But 'anti-skid service in info panel') . Installed vida and through this software you can switch the a/c compressor as well as the cooling fan at 1/2 speed. The compressor clutch engaged proving that circuit worked. On switching the cooling fan on ..... Silence. I checked to see if the was a supply to the fan (Fuse checked out ok and there was a 12v permanent supply to the fan control module). The fan is fired from a signal from the ecu. This signal is, I believe, a digital one and can only be measured with an oscilloscope. The fan control module is available as a spare via eBay (May be a copy original is a bosch) so I bought a complete fan unit inc. said module from a scrap car via eBay. To test I plugged replacement cooling fan, switched the air con on and low and behold the clutch engaged and the cooling fan came on........aircon fixed. Hope this helps someone.
mfevans1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mfevans1 For This Useful Post: