View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2020, 19:42   #104
CosmicBike

Well Grace hasn't moved of late, through no fault of her own. I have nowhere to go, I'm stuck working at home which is far busier than I imagined, so only weekends and evenings to play. TBH I'm normally too tired to play after dinner, but tonight was an exception.
The aim, to see if the clutch was dragging. Gear selection with engine off is perfect, but as soon as she's running any gear selection is hard when stationary, and reverse really clanks in. Once moving it's no issue, so I reckoned dragging.
Back end suitably up on stands with wheels off the ground, and sure enough with the engine running, clutch depressed, any attempt to select any rear resulted in the wheels starting to spin.
Just to really make my day, I found a 4" split in the exhaust. I suspect that will get bandaged for now.

Righty ho then, any suggestions for best place to get a clutch, and any tips for changing it on the driveway with just axle stands and a set of ramps??
I'm handy with a set of spanners so quite happy to take it on, after all it can't be much worse than the one I changed on my brothers 306 GTi6 last Summer...can it..???
CosmicBike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CosmicBike For This Useful Post: