View Single Post
Old Aug 14th, 2017, 11:52   #48
David2019
David2019

Default 240 thefts in the South East

This gets intriguing. I found this site by default, but it caught my eye because I have a beautiful 240 which was saved from banger racing by an aficionado who had to pay £1500 to rescue it. The interesting part is that the car was put in for its MoT in Essex by its original owner of 25 years. He was told that it would never pass its MoT on emissions and the garage owner offered him the magic figure of £100 to take it off his hands. It then passed very quickly to a third party, but the Volvo aficionado got to hear about this exceptional car and raced down from the Midlands to rescue it.
It would seem to me that some of these old Volvos are being plucked off the MoT queue, presumably targeting owners who might be more gullible or might not have a sympathy for their 240. I wonder if this matches anyone else's experiences. Strangely enough, living in Exeter, I wasn't aware of this targeted thieving, but a local miscreant quickly spotted my car in the garage, where it is kept locked up and padlocked to boot.
David2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to David2019 For This Useful Post: