View Single Post
Old Jul 12th, 2019, 00:04   #1
ryanbob1234

Default New to the volvo scene

Hi all,

Picked up my "new to me" volvo V40 1.9d 2003 and so far I've racked up 3 thousand miles on it in just two weeks pushing it to 177k miles and fair play the engine and gearbox both are really smooth, its not quick by any measure but as a car to use back and forth to work its proved to be a good buy!

I've got a few niggles with it I could do with help with,

Firstly the drivers side door doesn't lock with the fob (I'll try the key tomorrow) all the other doors lock/unlock but the d/s stays unlocked (the pin stays down 100% of the time) I will take the door card off and have a look just wondered if it was a common thing to save me hunting.

The clutch is high on it, a new clutch isn't the end of the world but again wondered if there was a way to adjust it before spending the cash?

lastly and the one that confuses me the most, the low washer fluid light keeps coming on despite the bottle being full, someone has also rewired it so the rear wiper doesn't work and you have to push the button on the side of the stalk to get the front windscreen to clear which is all a bit weird...

Tomorrow I'll be jacking the car up as the front spring on the d/s looks like its snapped as its half the height of the p/s one and as such its scraping over the smallest of bumps, I've also got to check the brakes as I suspect the front brakes are rubbing so I'll inspect them and try and free them up.

At this kind of mileage I'm fully aware its going to have a few battle scars, any ideas of how to get a few more ponies out of it without forking out loads of money on a remap as mine is the 100bhp model and driving around west wales (very hilly) its causing me a few issues when overtaking!

The previous owner also took all the interior bulbs out because there was an "issues with the door closing resulting in the car thinking the door is always open".... fixed it by closing the rear door correctly lol!

Last edited by ryanbob1234; Jul 12th, 2019 at 00:08.
ryanbob1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ryanbob1234 For This Useful Post: