View Single Post
Old Jul 3rd, 2017, 01:12   #4
c_lee
VOC26332

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desperate View Post

Hope you have plenty of piccys to aid the memories.

Desp
Talking of piccys I have some very unusual holiday pics - they are of Doppler blood flow scans in my right calf from Tours A & E.

After traveling from Cean to Tours I had an ache in my right leg calf which didn't really bother me until 4 days had passed and it hadn't gone.

I don't suffer from aching legs usually so I became a bit bothered about the remote possibility of a DVT.

When driving for more than a couple of hours I always have a few minutes stop and a walk around to remove the slight risk of developing a DVT - you can't be too careful once you get into your 60's.

We were due to move a few hundred miles further South after Tours but I wasn't willing to do this without having it checked out.

We went to Tours A & E ( or 24 hrs as they are known there ) with my passport, EHIC and all the cash we had at hand ( several hundred Euros ).

We used ( German ) ADAC breakdown & health ( essential & emergency only ) insurance this year so before traveling I had loaded hospital POI's on my satnav.

I guess A & E's are similar everywhere and we spent 5 or 6 hours there - and they weren't even that busy compared to UK A & E's - 3 people before us.

The reception attendant didn't seem to know what to do when we presented my passport and EHIC and she didn't speak much English so called for a colleague.

Eventually we saw a triage nurse who spoke some English ( we had our French phrase book but the words and/or phrases weren't appropriate ).

Saw a French doctor who arranged a Doppler blood flow scan of my leg and the Doppler operative said all looked OK.
The doctor's English was good.

Waited later for confirmation from the doctor that all was well then we asked if there was anything for us to pay.

He went and checked and said that there was nothing to pay and gave us my scan pictures.

A few days later we moved South and later still I realized that my ache had gone.

They asked for my address for ' the letter ' - I think the UK authority that administer EHIC send a letter for us to confirm that it actually happened before they pay - but it hasn't arrived yet.

Certainly are unusual holiday snaps to add to the album!!

Colin

Last edited by c_lee; Jul 3rd, 2017 at 01:34.
c_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to c_lee For This Useful Post: