Thread: 240 General: - New (to me) 1980 Volvo 244
View Single Post
Old Feb 14th, 2020, 06:13   #103
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
If you're doing any vinyl on the roof Alan, i'd extend your 4" idea to line up with the B posts, that way it would tie in with the tinted rear widows and look more like it's meant to be.

Either that or do the whole roof or nothing, just sort the paintwork.

Milliput is amazing stuff, i first used it errrr......... years ago during my apprenticeship. I call it "plasticine for Grown-ups" as once you've moulded it into shape, it stays there and sets hard. It's not great at "thin layer adhesive" but does stick well when used thickly. Repaired the mounting holes on my under-dash panel with it :

First time i'd used it for years, not perfect but very close to the original shape and is still doing well.

You've alreday made vast improvements to many areas of the car, no need to panic over getting everything done and dusted quickly although it's nice to see the enthusiasm!
Good point about the roof Dave, I'm thinking I might get someone to wrap the whole roof in black - and re-cover the the topmost stripes on the wings at the same time. I think the car would look really good with a black roof, and that it would suit the rest of the car well. Do you think the sunroof would be okay covered in vinyl? This would be a longer term project - maybe after the gearbox upgrade.

The Milliput job on your panel looks first class - I'll order some anyway, I can think of many jobs it would have been useful for if I'd known about it.

I'm enjoying the small improvements I've been able to make in the Royal Barge, it was far too good a car to allow to die in a ditch.

Alan

Last edited by Othen; Feb 14th, 2020 at 06:21.
Othen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Othen For This Useful Post: