Thread: 240 General: - New (to me) 1980 Volvo 244
View Single Post
Old Feb 14th, 2020, 08:38   #106
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.wigley View Post
I'm thinking that the 2130 and 2320 are not errors as such, 'L.S.', but 'roundings' of 2127 and 2316 respectively. That doesn't explain the 1986 though, which should be 1990 to be consistent!

Regards, John.
That thought crossed my mind too John but the fact they got the 1986cc bit right implies they were either too lazy to find the correct figures or really just didn't care. Either way it implies a slip-shod attitude to the whole book and how many more mistakes are contained, potentially much more important mistakes?

I have an Autodata database that covers all makes/models for tuning, timing belt replacement and a few other tasks likely to be needed in a garage, a useful point of reference but for anything really important, i always double-check. I know there are many mistakes in that as well, some of which could be very costly!

While Haynes make the occasional mistake, it is the exception rather than the rule and usually due to either printing errors or someone has supplied them duff information. However they do generally point out the reader should verify the information given.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: