View Single Post
Old Feb 15th, 2020, 14:16   #40
V70Zig
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev0607 View Post
When searching for the thermostat for my Dad's V70 P3 D5 (57 plate), it brings up the attached image as being the correct part. It looks like the one that's a pain to change?

My Dad's car is the same as yours V70Zig (No Polestar though, standard 185bhp D5). Its six months older, but its the facelift shape. Does this look like the correct part?
D5 is just a badge denoting a 5 pot engine, there are engine variants for the D5 and might not be the same, putting the correct info into Vida should give you the right info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazdkw View Post
Just to be clear, how do we know if it needs changing at all?

Its just a case of monitoring the coolant temp? I have a bluetooth reader attached to the car so it's pretty easy to read
I too have a bluetooth reader, because I don't have a temp gauge ! I have the torque and the car scanner apps on my phone to see actual temp.
From lotuscorty's posts it looks like his has unfortunately stuck in an open position which will fool the ecu into over fuelling.
Quickest way to to check without any apps or diagnostics connected is to start up from cold (overnight) and feel the top hose from rad to engine as it should remain a lot "cooler than the bottom hose" if it's getting warm after a couple or 3 min it's more than likely stuck open or partially open.

Welcome anybody's views on this post just in case I'm wrong....oh and there is a thanks button if I'm right...............

Passed away - 1999 V70 2.5tdi Auto 340632 miles, RIP.
V70Zig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to V70Zig For This Useful Post: