Thread: Coolant flush
View Single Post
Old Dec 8th, 2018, 16:47   #17
bob12
bob12

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda529e699 View Post
Hello

I was told that the pink stuff was the best, as it lasts longer, would be interested to know what the difference in colours is, I put pink in my car and if its not compatible will need to get it out.

Thanks
Ah, now you have opened up the discussion!! In days of old manufacturers had their own colours for antifreeze, but it's more standardised these days, usually blue/green for ethylene glycol based products (not sure what make/designation your pink is?). Ethylene Glycol based antifreeze is suitable for red block engines.

The thing to remember is NEVER mix Ethylene Glycol based antifreeze with the modern 'red' OATS (Organic Acid (Additive) Technology) antifreeze (Google it for more info). You will not have a running engine within hours as it will turn the coolant to thick sludge and destroy all your engine seals and gaskets!! If you must use it thoroughly drain and repeatedly flush the engine and heater matrix, but basically don't even think about it.

I guess you must be safe as you must have had your 'pink' in for a while now. The container will tell you its base .

Bob.

Last edited by bob12; Dec 8th, 2018 at 16:51.
bob12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bob12 For This Useful Post: