View Single Post
Old Feb 18th, 2019, 18:27   #22
isleaiw
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by id5 View Post
To be honest I am not sure. It has been the subject of too many discussions with my wife. The XC60 is low mileage, has been faultless apart from one seat module cover that has come adrift, no bodywork marks, just a couple of stone chips. The default option would be to get a third part mechanical and electrical warranty and run it for another few years. There are many different makes of cars that would suit now that our children are all grown up so we may swap it about a bit this time around as jobs and lifestyle has changed. Although I would like a refined but full throated, fire breathing, beast for myself, I fear to take my wife around the different forecourts because on paper many cars could do what we need and I fear I could end up with a Citroen Cactus, the only car with the pricks on the outside.
We are definitely too quick to want to swap these days, latest tech / whizzy gadget or whatever drives that desire. I can say that not having kept any car for more than two years for ages....

I now have an Audi SQ5 petrol which currently ticks all my boxes - and I should aim to keep it longer. But I also have a station car to save it from the risks associated with 10 hours a day in that environment - and a bit of me thinks if that car is reasonably practical I could get a Jag XK8 as my weekend car...

Sometimes it’s easier when life puts constraints around what you need as this “want” lark gets dangerous..
isleaiw is offline   Reply With Quote