View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2019, 11:46   #10
Harvey1512
Premier Member

One of the things that drives me nuts is to hear developers talking about car parking and advising that they mark the spaces to suit the govt spec. Well Sherlock the damned spec is out of date and if you can't see that then you should not be in job with responsibility. Some of the newer multi storeys I've been to have worked this out and they are a pleasure to use but the mainstream car parks you just know the chance of getting dinged are high. As for Costco, awards all round.

I went to the cinema last night, a modern Vue cinema (went to see Longshot, v funny and Charlize Theron is drop dead ........) and it was very busy due to the Avengers being new still. I reversed, quite beautifully , into the dead centre of a space but me getting out I had to squeeze out, hand on the door frame to manage it delicately and without causing damage. An overweight person, of which there are many, could not actually have got out, kids or inconsiderate people will just open the door normally and ding the car next to them. I was in the centre of my space, the car next to me was in the centre of theirs. Neither car was an excessive size.

The worst thing about dings is not necessarily getting them but the other person not owning up. I had a driver hit mine in a local supermarket. He waited, apologised profusely and was mortified. He paid the repair without question. No issue there. I have dings in my current car where people have just driven off and left the repair bill to me. A plague on all of those people.