View Single Post
Old Jul 1st, 2019, 14:15   #5
Derek UK
VOC Member

As a follow up I haven't been able to find bottle #673624 in the catalogues. There is a reference to that number in the Volvo Competition services catalogue where it says that it should be changed to a #686833 (standard B20 type) but that's all.

B18 bottle #676588 with cap #673336
B20 bottle #686833 with cap #673233

As I write I have a 686833 in front of me and that has the following measurements. Top down to sealing ridge 2cm. the hole into the bottle 3cm. Difficult to see from your pic but yours might have a slightly bigger hole? maybe Volvo made it smaller by thickening up the section to make it more rigid? Then changed the number? Looking again at your pictures, awkward when you have two threads, I see that your bottle has no strengthening rings around the neck, so my hypothesis might be right. This one also has a ring around the area the blow-off holes are. Pic attached.

Make sure that the two tabs on the cap slide properly down to the lock position. I had a Saab bottle which is the same as the Volvo one where the top had distorted and one of the tabs would pop off the ramp. That meant the seal only partially pressed against the ridge in the bottle. The result, boil over when coming to a halt after a fast run.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1040632pscs.jpg (138.6 KB, 7 views)
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Derek UK For This Useful Post: