View Single Post
Old Jan 14th, 2021, 12:37   #1
canis
Non Fragile

Default Can anyone help me here

Our diesel V40 is reporting low fuel pressure. I telephoned Volvo about it, who told me there are two fuel pumps, one in the tank and one in the engine bay. They quoted me £600 for the main pump. Well, I looked in the tank and there definately isn't. Not only is there no pump, there are no wires for a pump. The multiplug on the tank has only two wires, and they are for the fuel guage, the other terminals are just empty.

Volvo quoted me £600 for the main pump, and couldn't supply the other one. They refused to give me a part number. So I got in touch with a used parts supplier, and they had two types of pump but didn't know which would be the right one.

Can anyone look this up on VIDA or DICE or something? I've never used either of those tools so I don't know if it's possible.

I'd really appreciate some help on this issue. It would be nice to keep this high miler on the road, 320,000 miles or thereabouts, when I last looked. It's got service history about a mile long. I'd like to fix it as no matter what the cost it's still certainly a better car than we could buy for the same money.
canis is offline   Reply With Quote