View Single Post
Old Nov 28th, 2021, 15:27   #8
37 RUBY
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G5pot View Post
Funny must be the sea air I was on a return trip to pick someone up from Cornwall when it happened - I didnt fuel down there.
I'll go with that

Quote:
Surprised it doesn't trigger light as a P0401 code?
No it doesnt. It's an Amber warning only. No action needed but for me I use it to gauge when the EGR needs a service.

Quote:
Possible DPF issues to as the two systems are linked. I wont regurgitate the in and outs of EGR operation but if EGR not working correctly (stuck open closed or anywhere between) it will a) increase particulate/soot output and b) struggle to regen by increasing EGT so might be the reason for the regen?
No, the DPF is healthy with a reasonable soot level but I don't use the car for short journeys. When I checked the EGR valve I could feel gunk stuck to the valve shaft and cleaning it properly seemed to resolve the issue.

Quote:
Either way I agree, the electric operation is great when it works but a lot more sensitive and less reliable than Vacuum operated. Add to that the complexity and requirement of cooling the gases now, and as the internet says, you have an extra service item to be completed. As you say a couple of TB gaskets and regular cleaning should keep it at bay.
A reset of the throttle body via Vida restores the engines inherent smoothness.

Quote:
I have sealed the oil blowby/pcv thing on the the intake tube well now to so that will contribute to my woes as opposed to blowing oil all over the engine.
managed to get dealer to replace that under warranty. I have a good dealer with a head tech who owns the same car as me.

Quote:
And I really CBA to fit a catch can even though looking in the intake manifold pressure sensor hole I know its well gummed up in there to. To add to my above I use the correct Volvo Castrol oil and change every 12 months/6-8K. I dont lose much oil other than what I would consider normal at 1/2l or so between changes.
I think a catch can would upset the system.

As for oil, same as you except I change it twice in a year and at 86k miles no usage to report.
37 RUBY is offline   Reply With Quote