View Single Post
Old Jan 13th, 2022, 19:06   #9
G5pot

ok so my initial excitement and posting was abit premature...

The rough idle did return but its frequency less and clearing better when the engine was warm.

After going to the garage VIDA logged a misfire fire on cylinder 3 and glow plug fault on this cylinder. I cant remember the exact numbers but injector #5 values were way out in comparison to the other 4 however right at the top end of spec. RPM differences were wild at +/- 200rpm at idle.

Garage replaced all 5 with a known good second hand set (obviously reseated and sealed) to rule out an injector issue which with the single glow plug change seems to have cured it. Initially there was abit of the rough idle coming back but since done 1000 miles and touch wood the issue hasn't returned, even on the coldest of mornings.

There is the slightest of misfires that can be heard on first start which is probably number 5 and even on the second set of injectors Vida was showing the top end of spec.

But for now I'm happy with the car and the way it drives and call the problem solved for now. If it occurs again I might investigate the glow plugs further but I didn't realise just how expensive they are for these engines not to mention the varying voltages.
G5pot is offline   Reply With Quote