Thread: General: - E46 Bi-Xenon (budget) retrofit
View Single Post
Old Jan 9th, 2020, 19:15   #99
Sidonas

Road safety is a sensitive topic and everyone has their story of either being blinded by some douche with high beams or just annoyed by the new SUVs with two Suns for the headlights. I can assure you that I didn't just have my own safety in mind when I decided to do a xenon retrofit.

In fact, one of the main reasons why I decided to opt out of the E46 replicas was because I couldn't get rid of the color flicker at the cutoff. I find any color other than <6500K white annoying and distracting. Additionally, the sharp cutoff is something that I kept following with my eyes instead of focusing on the road.

Now I'm not sure what is a worrying thing that you see in that picture, but there is no hot spot/scatter above the cutoff of these projectors. They are no worse than the E46 replicas when viewed from the front of the car and the car in general doesn't look any different than any other xenon-fitted vehicle.

I haven't had the time to wire the high-beams so I can't comment on the high beam pattern.

Here's another pic of the cutoff on a wall:
https://i.imgur.com/Nr2nqLA.jpg

Last edited by Sidonas; Jan 9th, 2020 at 19:19.
Sidonas is offline   Reply With Quote