Thread: Suspension: - 2003 V70 front strut review
View Single Post
Old Dec 18th, 2018, 22:52   #13
2.4TSE
Master Member

Updating this thread over three years later:

With 75 thousand miles on the B4s, the front suspension started to feel baggy over the past few weeks. I couldn't find anything better on the damping front so today went for a new pair of B4s - along with new wishbone bushes since those previously fitted were the near 16 year old originals with 173,000 miles on them. (To be accurate, it was Meyle wishbones with HD bushes that were fitted today, rather than faffing with a press and bushes in the original wishbones)

Full disclosure: the nearside original B4 was weeping and past its best.

I have no idea if this is normal for this damper (especially nearside, dragged through all the kerbside muck and potholes) or I got unlucky, but the combined result of new bushes and dampers is ride and handling restored to what I described for Bilstein B4s at the start of this thread; in my opinion the definitive go-to dampers for a well-damped, quiet and comfortably-riding P2 V70.

2008 C30 T5 SE Sport R-Design | Dynaudio | BLIS | Winter Pack | Towbar | Parking Control | Keyless | 18" Atreus
2.4TSE is offline   Reply With Quote