View Single Post
Old Nov 4th, 2018, 01:52   #1
c_lee
VOC26332

Default Tyrepal TPMS (retrofit) - opinions?

Earlier this year we attended a C&CC THS at Sandringham flower show and on the way there I had a tyre blowout on the caravan.

I was on the A1(M) at the time and the hard shoulder was coned off for quite a distance so I couldn't stop to investigate.

I put the flashers on and crawled in lane 1 at about 10mph until I could stop but I must have done several miles like that.

When I did stop the tyre was totally shredded and the hard shoulder was too narrow to do a wheel change safely so I continued to the next services which we had seen signposted a little earlier.

At the services I put my spare on then continued about 90 more miles to Sandringham.

During our time at Sandringham I had two new tyres fitted to the caravan.

The shredded tyre caused damage to the wheel spat which I found difficult to find a replacement for.

With that sequence of events in mind I'm thinking of buying a Tyrepal TPMS to monitor the caravan's tyres.

Is there anyone here uses such a system and if so what is your opinion of it.

Tyrepal's range is claimed to be about 7 metres and, wouldn't you know it, I measured the distance from the caravan's axle to my dasboard and it is just about 7 metres - will it cope?

I know you can get a repeater to extend the range but that is at extra cost.

Anyone here use Tyrepal?

Coln