View Single Post
Old Nov 12th, 2018, 09:29   #61
RichT4
Sunny Days!

Perhaps you could use the accident over the weekend as an example for your argument.

VW Golf speeding, driving erratically, and then crashed into a people carrier killing everyone on board.

I think one of the main issues with driving standards these days; is that people are not trained to a standard where they know the limits of their cars.

In relation to being limited on the car, no... I would not like to be limited to the speed limit for that area, I'd like to still have some responsibility, thus making and learning from my own mistakes.
I know full well well what damage can be caused by speeding, drink driving and dangerous driving.

The example given at the beginning of this thread is a good example of dangerous driving, and I'd be reporting a driver going to wrong way on a motorway, as well as a pedestrian walking alongside the motorway.
It is bloody dangerous, and just takes that one person to not see the other, causing another incident to take up lives/resources.

Improve driver training and then maybe, just maybe the speed limits could be adjusted.
RichT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RichT4 For This Useful Post: