Thread: 240 vs 740
View Single Post
Old Dec 18th, 2013, 21:05   #11
volvo always
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJKM View Post
Thanks everyone for the comments. I'm not really looking for more power, I'm perfectly happy! I just have the itch to try the grumbly 6 cylinder to be honest. I love my 240 but it has done 230,000 and is aesthetically rough so just get concerned about it carrying on! I look after it, but the MOT is in February. It's going for a check over on Friday to see how much the damage is likely to be. If it's not too bad then i'll stick with it and finally tackle the noisy trailing arm bushes! I don't really want to get rid, but just baring in mind options in case it is not economically viable to keep running it. Still looking for blo*dy hockey sticks too; missing the whole set which really annoys me!! Thanks all again
I don't think of it as "economically viable" as surely it's better to spend on a known car rather than blowing a wad on another car that is unknown.
This is me. I would even have a go at installing a new engine or gearbox if it went as I know it.
My Sister bought a 2003 Volvo S40 1.9d S For £750 and realised after the clutch was shot. £300 for a new clutch, then the ignition barrel collapsed another £150. Final thing failing to start, then going along and blew a load of black smoke out the exhaust and running on and finally the engine seizing. Scrapped
If I was you I would stick with what you know.
Snap on a drivers side rear hockey stick!

James
volvo always is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to volvo always For This Useful Post: