View Single Post
Old Nov 27th, 2020, 17:15   #17
bornmiddleaged
:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Harrison View Post
Am intrigued by some of the views on here.

I have just bought a pre-reg S90 for 37% off list with 10 miles on the clock. OK, I'm the second owner but that's a brand new car with a full 3 years of warranty. And I got a very good trade-in value for my previous car so the cost to change was really modest.

I accept that the supply of pre-reg cars varies over time and that you may not get the spec you want (but I did).

I've set up a special savings account to pay for the road tax........
Horses for courses and perhaps what I should have said was that anyone who buys a new car without getting a significant discount has more money than sense.

That is an impressive deal and I would have been tempted by that myself but whenever I have looked for pre-reg deals they seem very few and far between and generally are just the base spec with no extras, apart from maybe metallic paint. I see that it's an S90; the market for large saloons has really plummeted over the last few years with the rise of the SUV, so that may explain such a good price.
I'm not massively fussy on spec but the one thing I wanted was the adaptive cruise, having used it heavily in previous car. That doesn't come as standard on any V60 trim so that did restrict the available suitable cars, however, I found a V60 Inscription Pro with about £7k of extras, 2 years old and with just over 20k miles at about 50% of the list price, which seemed like a good price to me.

Yes, the extra tax stings but thinking about it spread across the year it's actually not that bad. I just filter out my wife when she reminds me about the £30 VED on her Golf.
I also have car savings "pot" which I will probably start to put more into as the car gets to the end of the warranty.

Hope you enjoy the S90, I'm loving the V60.
bornmiddleaged is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bornmiddleaged For This Useful Post: