View Single Post
Old Jan 20th, 2017, 20:38   #1
bod

Default "Hissing" update and Wiper service!

Took car in today for the faulty pipe to be replaced on the Power Pulse system, all fine , no more hissing from enigine.

Car has had a software download, hopefully the wiper service warning will stop coming on, it did it 7 times in about 20 mins last weekend, and hasnt done it since, the only slight worry is ,the service guy did say that they did one last week , and today the customer rang up and it had done it again. So watch this space.

I mentioned that there was a slight squealing from the brakes , not really an issue as not loud or intrusive, they reported that there are some updated brake pads that will sort this out, they have to be ordered from Sweden , plus they will have to replace the discs as well! Car has done about 8,000 miles, so will get that sorted in a couple of weeks when back from Skiing.

Mentioned the fact that I ran out of fuel when car still showing 10 miles! Not really a proper definate answer on this one, more of they haven't come accros this before!
In fact the V40 they lent me had a terrible fuel guage , put some fuel in 2 gallons and it still said 25 miles range and the warning light stayed on, about a mile down the road the light went off and the gauge went to two bars , BUT the range still said 25 miles! Weird!

Still a great car though!
bod is offline   Reply With Quote