Thread: Seriously?
View Single Post
Old Sep 21st, 2020, 00:47   #30
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taiwan740 View Post
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-Vaux...l/353162080188

Here's one for you - check the MOT history on that. Clocked at least three times.

Convenient zero reputation on the seller as well.
Something very familiar about the format of the ad and the address/area, reminds me very much of a 740 Turbo estate that Phil (All hailKing Volvo) put a deposit on and when he got there found it was an absolute scrapper that wouldn't even run on all 4 cylinders!

Got his deposit back eventually but lost out on his train fares etc from Dorset to the west midlands.

Apparently one of these traders that keeps moving, changing ebay screen names - been investigated umpteen times by Trading Standards - you get the idea.

Also i notice they haven't put decent sized photos on the listing so no enlargement possible and it looks like there are plenty of scuffs, broken trim etc that are conveiently hidden by that. Useful having a 22" monitor instead of a phone screen!

As an aside, i'm very dubious of that GM V6 in transverse installations, it was good in the original set up in the Omegas etc but when they turned it round it seemed to develop weak head gaskets, especially on the rear bank - poorer cooling i suspect!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote