View Single Post
Old Dec 14th, 2015, 23:49   #9
jsh1988

This is another area I've been looking into; Since they scrapped the Tax Disk and moved to somewhere on "the cloud" to be digital, but a group of people got upset saying their neighbors could "check what benefits" they were in receipt of by tapping their Vehicle Reg + make into the DVLA site to show the "disabled" class.

Something anyone could do just by walking by and looking in the windscreen, or before they set up that online functionality by it simply stating "£0" for the 12/6 month rates.

I don't care if people know I claim DLA/PIP, I'm a wheelchair user so can't really hide the fact i have trouble walking....

After the complaints to the DVLA they scrapped that system so now no-one at all can view the rates using the check if a vehicle is taxed system.

This is causing massive issue for councils/concession operators who offer discounts/free parking to those in the "disabled VED" class as the DVLA is making councils responsible for "checking" on a system that does not exist...

Personally I blame the minority who kicked up a storm about something that has been available for 30+ if not more years...
jsh1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jsh1988 For This Useful Post: