View Single Post
Old Dec 25th, 2017, 15:10   #2
oragex
Premier Member

I didn't go through the whole post, but the RS have sold very well so I imagine there must be a reason for this. I only remember the models around 2009 had problems with the PCV (no, not the same as in the P2 Volvo) causing the engine to heavily consume oil and eventually rings and pistons. But the Audi dealer was more than honest about this and replaced everything without a single comment under warranty (hear me Volvo? cough, cough) Also, were these the first gen engines with direct injection? There was a design problem causing carbon regularly to built up on the intake valves.

My dad had a first gen Q5 2.0T and despite it's small displacement the engine was more than willing to work and was shockingly economic in city driving, close to a Nissan Sentra or a Honda Civic. Great car and gave him some 30000 trouble free miles (except for the PCV thing), until some smart guys thought the engine would make a good price on the black market (read thief).