View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2019, 13:35   #1
Roge1

Default S70 2.0 10v FOR SALE

S70 2.0 10v FOR SALE

Definitely a Cruiser, not a Bruiser!!..

Due to a change in marital status, I have recently lost the regular use of a garage/allocated parking space, so have to let my S70 go..! Bought not quite a year ago, the plan was always to bring it back to standard and then run it as a daily, but with home-life changing I’ve had very little opportunity, and those that I do have are getting fewer and farther between.

Car was bought last year for £850, and well over £1k has been spent in that time.

Addressed in my ownership:

Serviced (gen Volvo plugs & filters) and performance panel air-filter fitted;
New (second hand) headlights and indicators fitted;
Timing Belt / Water Pump changed (that was a sore one);
New Battery fitted;
Brakes serviced, callipers cleaned and lubricated;
Original 15” alloys refurbished and painted Anthracite grey (new, but cheap, tyres added);
Wheel tracking sorted;
Electric aerial replaced with manual unit (still have the electric unit, but it doesn’t retract fully);
Heko wind deflectors fitted.

Issues to note:

Body wise I would describe it as a 10ft car……looks better from 10ft away than up close! It is passable however, so was going to be the last issue I addressed as the car is fully functional as-is;
Remote fob has never worked, probably because the car suffers from the standard door micro-switch issue (fuse has also been removed in an effort to stop the battery draining);
There seems to be a slight water leak in the boot – not yet established where from, but no rust/rot has developed, so I’ve just kept an eye on it.

The basics:

MY1999, ‘T’ Plate, Petrol, Manual;
Circa 90,500 miles on the clock;
Navy paintwork, with electric windows and sunroof, half navy leather interior;
MOT valid until 9th August.
Car located N/E Scotland (n/w of Aberdeen) - Buyer to collect.

Price-wise, I want the £850 purchase price back, nothing more, nothing less.

Pics available on request.
Roge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roge1 For This Useful Post: