View Single Post
Old Nov 16th, 2019, 14:37   #350
turboboy
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancake View Post
Failed the MOT last week on front brake hoses. In fairness they were well past their best. Turns out the bleed nipples on the calipers were well and truly seized into the bargain. No amount of heat, penetrating fluid or shock treatment would shift them. Ended up fitting two new front calipers as well as brake hoses. Up for retest tomorrow which should see another years MOT on the 850.
I was lucky then. Failed MOT on offside front hose but decided to replace both sides while I was at it. Replaced offside hose no problem. Fortunately tried to loosen the bleed nipple on the nearside before I removed the hose but, like yours, was well and truly seized. Managed to move it about one eighth of a turn but no matter what I did it wouldn't undo further. Finished up buying a new caliper but at least it was only one.

Only other item was one of the front drop links needed changing. Again I bought two but only managed to replace the faulty one as the otherside had different size nuts and had previously been replaced and was O.K.

Current: 1998 Volvo V70 2.3 T5 Auto.

Previous: 2000 Volvo V40 T4; 1981/2 265 (x2); 1988 740 Turbo Estate.
turboboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to turboboy For This Useful Post: