Thread: XC90 Recall
View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2009, 15:00   #7
tassos

Red face Problems with XC 90 T6 2004

Messrs Volvo Cars,
Athens, May 7th, 2009

I am the owner of a Volvo XC 90 T6, 2.9 which I bought from Sarakakis S.A., the local distributor of Volvo in Greece. The car was a company car for some high executive of the Group and I bought it in Oct. 2006 with 45,000 km.

Ever since I have lost my peace with the problems arising almost every week with the car.

In August 2007 with 54,000 km I had on my holidays a full failure of the automatic transition system. The car had to stay in service for more than three weeks. Eventually the car was given back to me for use late September 2007, with a new nightmare due to the extended leakeage of a pink fluid which has turned my Garage to an oil factory. I have returned the car for more than ten times to the service and I was told that they need to tight up the screws, needless to say that the transmit ion was not performing as before the trouble. Very soon after the fluid leakeage another problem arose with the light which indicates malfunction of the lamda sensors. I was told to wait till they receive instructions from the factory. The car in December had a full service according to the manufacturer’s instructions. None of the above problems was solved, as I had to bear with the problem.

The last weeks the transmition system was chocking and I had to take it back to the service.

The new findings are: The transmition system needs to be replaced and the three lamda sensors as well. The estimated cost close to Euro 10.000. After my objections they proposed to take a cost of Euro 3.500 - 4000. My comments that the replacement transmition system never operated properly, they had no very much to say.

As you can understand I have invested euro 60,000 on a luxurious Volvo car, back in 2006 and ever since I have lost my sleep and my peace, needless to say the cost and the inconvenience, as I am a heavy travelling consultant.

I want to believe that your serious Company with the excellent name and dream car for many people will not disappoint me this time or another time in the future.

I am looking forward to your kind cooperation and assistance.

Sincerely Yours,

Tassos Moumouris

Car Licence Plate: IZI 9559 VOLVO XC 90 T6 2.9
tassos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tassos For This Useful Post: