View Single Post
Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 03:15   #8
Georgeandkira
Premier Member

Default ScanGuageII

Hello, I have a ScanGuage. You can get incoming air temp, engine RPM, throttle positioning sensor data (though not in the "machine language" a specific car maker might use), coolant temperature, some data from the previous day's travel such as top speed and top RPM, instant GPH readings and some other stuff. Once when the transmission of a Honda Accord destroyed itself it pulled a "non-Pxxxx" code which was a transmission code. I've never seen anything other than a Pxxxx code in either of my 2 V70s. If you decide to leave it plugged in you'll have a connector dangerously near your shin bone. You could read the owner's manual online as of several years ago at www.scanguage.com. Keep in mind that my unit is a first generation SG. I have another reader which was recommended to a friend by a car guy in Sweden. He, his friend and I have Saabs in our families. This unit (bearing a store's name-Biltema) is limited. It will read my V70's codes and those of a 2001 Subaru and 2005 Chevy truck but can't erase them. My SG has never failed to read AND erase everything I've connected it to. I hope some of that can help you. Kira
Georgeandkira is offline   Reply With Quote