View Single Post
Old Nov 9th, 2018, 18:22   #31
ASt85
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clogs View Post
This information comes from Michelin's website

https://www.michelin.co.uk/tyres/lea...re-regulations
All I know is that the Crossclimates are much quieter than any other tyre I've used in the last 50 years; grip in the dry is not far short of that of slicks and significantly better than any other non-studded tyre I've ever used in snow and ice - I was caused to drive through deep & compacted snow/ice repeatedly with nothing more than Town & Countries in the late 60's (the tread had a deep repeating "VV"tractor pattern which shook the Sh1t out of a mini) - IMHO the Michelin CrossClimates' are not far short of chained tyres without the attendant tread/wall damage, whilst still short of the spiked ice tyres that used to be available in more northern climes, for UK winter and all year round use they take some beating.

It also worth considering that they are available in speed ratings commensurate with the OE Volvo spec for the entire range. Insurance Co's can be iffy re winter tyres being below the speed spec for a vehicle + also worth noting that that they have a much reduced tendency to aquaplane at speed over surface water.

V70 SE 2004 2.3L T5 Geartronic, C70 2005 2.0T Automatic, Sold 2.4l 20 Valve Automatic Torslander Sold 854 GLT 20v Auto
ASt85 is offline   Reply With Quote