Thread: Bedevilled jobs
View Single Post
Old Apr 16th, 2019, 12:03   #6
827Roverman
VOC Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveo2002 View Post
have you ever started on a simple job that seems like it has a curse on it?

My offering is a refurb of two virgo alloy wheels, started last june and not quite finished now. It was supposed to be a simple rattle can job with a good brushing off with wire brush and a decent finish by means of layers and wet n dry.

Started in june 2018. Aborted as they were tatty and i ran out of time just prepping. Resumed august but aborted as family member was admitted to hospital in an emergency. Almost resumed in november but rattle cans had become buried in a house move. Resumed in march, by now mice had nibbled the paint so it needed taking back to primer. Corrected that but ran out of time for lacquer. April, applied the lacquer to find that it drew yellow primer through to the surface in patches. Corrected that this weekend, but a water pipe burst as the lacquer was curing and it peppered one wheel in little droplets. So one down, one to go!
just hope mine don't take as long, i've recently bought a set of draco's that i'm going to strip and repaint two tone in silver and graphite grey, i've made a bit of a start using dragons blood to get rid of the brake dust and iron oxide off the insides of the wheels, but i'm also in the process of installing lpg to the car, so i don't know which will be completed first, a case of watch this space !
827Roverman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 827Roverman For This Useful Post: