Thread: For sale.
View Single Post
Old Jul 5th, 2015, 21:04   #27
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire4 View Post
Hi Mike

Agree with you, wife is disabled and often wants to go home when we've been out not for long because people look down their noses at her, as if she shouldn't be there, I keep telling her don't let them win you've just as much right to go out as they have.

Take care
Mick
Hi Mick

I can relate to you here, as my mother was exactly the same. She enjoyed going out although some other peoples attitudes gave rise to her deciding she wanted to go back home. A very annoying thing was when people would ask me what she wanted, although being fair and reasonable, this was more so the fact a lot of people are unsure as to how to approach a person with a disability. It is they that feel uncomfortable. As you say though others just saw her as an 'inconvenience'. Very sad really. Further the amount of people that took it upon themselves to wheel her out of the way when she was shopping, just so they could get to the shelf in front of her, was unbelievable. I would always challenge these ignorant people, although that initself also upset my mother as she felt she was the cause, and felt she should not be there.

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to volvorocks For This Useful Post: