View Single Post
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 19:47   #9
RobbieH
Two wheeled lycra lout

As requested

Quote:
i) - No not yet, wasn't aware I had to, however before reading your post I read through a few admin threads which highlighted this. I have got in touch with the administrators and am just waiting to hear back with regards to what's required to get myself setup on here as a trader.

I've also asked them if its possible to change my username too which will indeed reflect my Ebay shop name.

ii) Can you leave this with me - I can get hold of a dyno plot for you and then send over - do you have an e-mail address I can get you on at all?

iii) In response to your question regarding how this tuning module works, what it basically does is ensure power right through the range. What I am saying here is typically with diesels, one can experience flat spots until the turbo boosts up. When ECU's are programmed (factory standard) various EU laws/markets and other vehicles within a manufactures range will dictate what average power/mpg that engine will receive. With this tuning module in place it talks to the ECU and calculates what the optimum settings would be.

Well how on earth is that going to save me money in diesel? - Common reaction...what actually happens is that as you are recieving power right the way through the range to put it simply when approaching roundabouts for example, you would not have to change down through the gears, thus saving diesel there. With the tuning module in place where you would normally change from 3rd down to 2nd (without the module in place), there is enough power and torque at a lower rpm to pull the car through (staying in 3rd for example) and accelerate again without having to change down.

No engine management light will come on and with this in place none of the safety features on the vehicle are altered.

One can expect to recieve in the region of 30% more BHP, 35% more torque and 15% saving on fuel economy.

As I've just mentioned to another member on the forum, I wouldn't want you to purchase something your not 100% happy with so should you have any more questions please feel free to pop them over,
Quote:
Sorry but I've just looked on a chart which I have which has before and afters....i.e standard and then with the tuning module in place and is yours the S60 D5 with 163bhp as standard?

If it is then you would look to be pushing 207bhp with the tuning module in place.
Mine is a V70 EUIII D5

54 V70 D5 SE (163, EUIII) MTE, Eibach, Powerflex, IPD arb's, TWR FMIC, Ferrita cat-back.

Last edited by RobbieH; Nov 13th, 2011 at 19:49. Reason: Added vehicle description if my sig wasn't clear
RobbieH is offline   Reply With Quote