View Single Post
Old Oct 5th, 2008, 22:10   #23
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
James if you want to live in the 20th century and in ignorance of 21st century technology so be it, but please don’t insinuate my comments are pedantic because you don’t understand them or choose to ignore them because you are incorrect.
If you're referencing high pressure fuel systems...well no, I don't have any knowledge of that sort of thing, but then Austen is almost certainly going to be running a low pressure system. I don't appriciate your attitude when I'm simply trying to be helpful. Austen's post suggested to me that he was proposing to just stick an extra injector in front of each ram pipe and open the taps (hell, people do do that kinda thing), which wasn't such a great idea. He's since clarified his intentions, and I've retracted my potentially patronising reply. Why try to make out I'm an idiot? You know full well that's not true. I'm one of the more technically competant people on this forum, so if my contributions are to be shot down in flames...? I dispair in the attitudes shown here sometimes.

/Threadjack

Austen - that flywheel is a work of art! I take it it's a custom piece...billet?

As I said in my first post, I fear you're not going to find 5-pot NA tuning gurus here. The relatively few people here who have high-power whiteblocks are all turbo enthusiasts, and you can get ~500bhp with just the addition of beefy rods and forged pistons. Some of the things you need to do for NA power just aren't necessary (as soon) when dealing with boost. I think you're on exactly the right lines with asking race teams, etc. I have some contacts in that world, but no-one who deals with Volvo engines.

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote