View Single Post
Old May 24th, 2020, 13:12   #7
MRkSTL

They are normal bulbs.

I usually unplug the camera when I park my car for the night, so it won't draw any more power. However I work 11,5h shifts ,so once I finish my shift and turn the ignition on, it shows usually something between 11-11,4V on my FM transmitter and I'm still able to start the engine. However, I forgot to unplug two times, and the voltage dropped below 11V ,so obviously I had to use my power bank to give it enough juice. It could be that low voltage protection device that is faulty or/and the piggy back adapter.

I've watched a video on how to hardwire a dash cam yesterday (even though it is pretty straightforward). They said that the spare fuse cannot be of a higher amperage than the original one and they advise to use a 7,5 - 10 amps. I'm not sure if that's the deal, but the amplifier fuse is 30amps and because ,for some reason, it didn't work the 3amps fuse that came with the kit and was the same size ,I used my spare 30 amps fuse.

I contacted Iiwey (or whatever they are called) and they replied that fuses have got nothing to do with the battery drainage, so if they are correct, it seems that the device doesn't protect the voltage at all.

Regarding the fuse box in the boot, I've got a feeling that perhaps somebody replaced it in the past, hence there are two fuses which shouldn't be there
MRkSTL is offline   Reply With Quote