View Single Post
Old Jun 4th, 2020, 09:55   #24
moes80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Addict View Post
So after all this suspension talk I've started accumulating a bunch of parts to refresh the rear suspension of my XC60 as I noticed both rear shocks were the original (to the car) yellow label OEM Sachs ones and the nearside rear was now weeping oil out 11 years and 149K miles have taken their toll and sure enough after removal both rear shocks they were finished without any rebound whats ever. Basically my XC60 was ridding along predominantly on it's coil springs with little to no assistance from the rear shocks. I decided to go with the slightly uprated Bilstein B4 over the stock Sachs along with brand new LEMFORDER top mounts and MEYLE HD drop links. This is a fairly straight forward job to do if you're handy with spanners and have a decent jack or two Pix below.
Nice one....I replaced the front and back drop links as well used Meyle HD, did not do the top mounts. I tried to do the anti roll bad bushes using genuine volvo replacements, managed to do the rear but got really stuck with the front so left them.
I also found that my old shocks and struts were the original ones (2011 with 160k) and were very easy to compress and took forever to extend....very happy with results. I was a little concerned the harder suspension would become too harsh as I have 20" wheels with low profile tyres..but I love it not harsh at all

STILL waiting for new bits to arrive so I can finish off the ERG, egr cooler, throttle body, radiator, intercooler, pressure switches overhaul. After this I will let it be and get some sleep
moes80 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to moes80 For This Useful Post: