View Single Post
Old Jun 4th, 2020, 19:09   #25
Auto Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by moes80 View Post
Nice one....I replaced the front and back drop links as well used Meyle HD, did not do the top mounts. I tried to do the anti roll bad bushes using genuine volvo replacements, managed to do the rear but got really stuck with the front so left them.
I also found that my old shocks and struts were the original ones (2011 with 160k) and were very easy to compress and took forever to extend....very happy with results. I was a little concerned the harder suspension would become too harsh as I have 20" wheels with low profile tyres..but I love it not harsh at all

STILL waiting for new bits to arrive so I can finish off the ERG, egr cooler, throttle body, radiator, intercooler, pressure switches overhaul. After this I will let it be and get some sleep
Thanks mate Two day now and my old rear shocks are still in the down position refusing to extend flat as a pancake. RIP I think I'll have to do the front shocks next
I also had a poke around my throttle body and EGR valve area few days ago and to my surprise it wasn't as horrific as I thought it might be I have a suspicion it's been cleaned before so big THANX for the previous owner for that Cleaned it again as I was already quite involved. Pix before & after below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3186.jpg (219.8 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3187.jpg (217.6 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3204.jpg (186.0 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3208.jpg (221.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3218.jpg (283.9 KB, 26 views)
2018 VW Golf R DSG
Auto Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Auto Addict For This Useful Post: