Thread: $1000 164e
View Single Post
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 17:30   #1
arturo
Art in Phoenix

Default $1000 164e

I'm a year old guy and after spending the last $1000 (at a Volvo shop) on my 164e to no avail, I give up.
The car runs but barely. I drove it home from the last shop. It ran well when I bought it 3 yrs ago but the problems started when I cleaned the engine. Not knowing there is an extra set of points at the bottom of the distributer, my attempts to get it running right ( said points got wet) got me deeper in the whole. Still having the confidence of my younger years but far less ability now, I was determined to get running. After many new parts (fuel pump, relays, injectors, harness, etc) and 2 shops I should have quit many $ and a long time ago. I have spent more on parts and labor than I paid for the car.

I hate to donate the car for the $500 tax deduction as I'm sure it would be scrapped.
I will sell it for $1000, you pay shipping.

It has red leather, vinyl?, upholstry in great shape. The blue paint has a good shine with 2 bubbles on the trunk. All glass is good. The ac has a slow leak and the battery runs down after the car has set for awhile. Also a new radio not hooked up and a cruise control I added. There various odds and ends that need to be done. I have too busy whever the car was home trying to get it running to work on other things. It was a great old car even tho I only got to drive it a few months. Also the tires look brandnew.

I hope one of you guys that know d-jet can give it a good home.

Art in Phoenix Older but not much wiser
arturo is offline   Reply With Quote